Here is what to do when you miss the web application features after deploying a custom solution.
1. Check on which server the solution was deployed on
Powershell: Get-SPSolution -identity “solution name” | fl LastOperationDetails
You will find out that the solution was not installed on the server you run the CA.
2. Go Check and start the Service
In CA -> System Settings -> Manage services on server
Your Settings might look like this:
– Choose the server (where the CA is on)
– Start the service “Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Web Application”
3. Update or Redeploy your solution
Happy SharePointing! 🙂